When you buy a new thermos how do you know you are picking a good one? What criteria do you use? Size? Color? Brand reputation? If you are like me – probably some of all three.
But a good thermos (and I’m using lowercase ‘t’ here to mean consumer insulated liquid carrier) at it’s core should do exactly what its industrial cousin the dewar flask does – keep hot things hot, cold things cold, and keep you (the handler) from experiencing much of either when carrying it around. Read more
About Drake Martinet
Social Editor at NowThis News. +8 Whisk. +7 Wed-Dev. +6 Soldering Iron. Learn more
- Polar Battery Vortex
- Share this graphic: Tweet If you’ve noticed your device batteries taking a nosedive these past several weeks and you live in the Northeast or Midwest of the United States, you aren’t alone. Modern mobile electronic gizmos are powered by lithium-based batteries that don’t like the cold any more than you do. Lithium-based batteries become far […] Read more – ‘Polar Battery Vortex’.
- Here’s What Facebook Graph Search Looks Like
- Several folks have written posts about Facebook’s recently launched Graph Search function that is slowly trickling out to users. Some have even done a really intelligent job of it. I wont try and best Mr. Battelle here–I make it a point never to argue with people who are smart and correct a the same time. […] Read more – ‘Here’s What Facebook Graph Search Looks Like’.
- The Sound of A Business Model Deflating
- Earlier this week we witnessed and end to one experiment in video programming, with the sale of Al Gore’s CurrentTV to the Al Jazeera Network. Never one to mince words my boss Eric Hippeau had this to say: Al Gore’s Current TV picked the pockets of unsuspecting cable subscribers, now shoving Al Jazeera down their […] Read more – ‘The Sound of A Business Model Deflating’.